Saturday, May 05, 2007

The value of life when love's present

16th September, 2004


I took a walk to the town center this morning. The weather was great - cloudy and sunny with a light cold breeze. Everything seemed so clean - the sidewalk, the cars, the houses. Even the air was fresh without any smell of gas. In short, walking the streets of Regensburg was really enjoyable. :)

































I was mostly looking for a flower shop and a jewelry shop. I wanted to buy her a (relatively) expensive ring as a symbol of my strong love to her. There's a wedding ring, there's an engagement ring... well this one would be a... pre-engagement ring. A virtual-engagement if you like.

Although I found some nice and beautiful rings, I didn't know which ones would fit her fingers. In the end, I decided to take the risk and buy one, which was in my opinion the most beautiful (in the right price range). It was 8 carat gold for a decent price. I would never buy my precious Angel anything cheap!

After buying the ring I headed back home. I wanted to get back in time and get there before she does. On my way home, I entered a flower shop and bought her a bouquet of 10 flowers which I manually chose. The saleswoman didn't talk English, none of the salesmen which I've encountered in the last 2 days spoke English. But it's okay. I've managed. :)

German schoolkids were coming back home. I have to admit, many German schoolgirls are very pretty! But I don't care about it. :) I have my own pretty German schoolgirl, Hehe!

Even if she weren't pretty, I still wouldn't consider finding someone else. =)

* * * * *

I was getting late. She was going to get home soon. I decided to take a shortcut and walk the parallel street, even though I didn't really know where I was going. No matter how far I've walked, I haven't seen her flat anywhere. It was already 1:45pm and with every passing minute I was becoming more and more nervous.

I wanted to get home before she did so I would change clothes into something more elegant and romantic, hide the ring and make her a pleasant, after-school surprise! :)

At last, I reached her street and found her flat. Apparently, I was going the right way. I just forgot how far away from the town center her home is.

I went up the stairs and entered her apartment. Phew! She wasn't home yet. :)

I quickly changed clothes, hid the ring and waited until she came home. I could see the bus station out the window. It had only been a matter of a minutes before I saw her walking out of a bus, walking home... I kept wondering whether she's anxious to see me, every day impatiently waiting for the school-day to end? I know I would've. :)

She walked upstairs, opened the door and... SURPRISE! I greeted her with a bouquet of flowers and a big, warm hug. "Welcome home, honey!"

It took her a short moment to react. She thanked me for the warm welcome and told me about having a bad day in school. It didn't matter to her anymore as she was now happy.

She then changed her clothes and put on a sexy, red dress. We've kissed and embraced each other with wonderful, relaxing music playing in the background.

After an hour she wanted us to go to the newly opened Burger King restaurant to meet her 3 best friends, Shelly, Jenny and Clara. It was really fun! They talked in German most of the time, and I didn't talk much at all. Clara was talking so fast, telling jokes and making everyone laugh. She'd translate them for me sometimes. I liked her friends, they're very nice people. :)

Angel and I took a walk beside the river. We took a sit on a bench and had a wonderful view of boats and buildings, the quiet river and a flock of birds flying around. It was extremely beautiful, but it was twice as beautiful thanks to her presence! =)

We visited a big shopping center called Muller and bought ourselves 3 DVDs to watch in the evenings. It was "The Frighteners" "Big" and... "Braveheart". I don't know if she likes such movies, but since it's one of my favorites, I decided to take a shot.

The shop closed and we had to leave. We took a walk to a park east of the town center. We just sat there for a long while, talking about life, about us and everything else. There we exchanged the sweetest words and assured each other that we will always be together, no matter what. She told me she cannot imagine her life without me. I feel the same way.

We went home and watched "The Frighteners" while eating Lasagna in bed. It was only 10 minutes until the movie ended when she had to go to bed after her mother insisted for several times that she does so.

Perhaps her mom doesn't want to fall asleep without making sure that her daughter is safely sleeping separately from me.

Well, at least there's good news - her mom allowed Angel to sleep in her room on the weekend. That'll be cool! :) I went to bed and somehow forgot about the ring... I will give it to her tomorrow.

6 comments:

Lirun said...

ואז..

Imaan On Ice said...

so nice... //imaan

Tsedek said...

The frigheners? :D
Did she like the movie?

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

how cud u forget abt the ring!!!!!

IsraeliDiary said...

:)

Thanks, Imaan.

Tse - I think she did.

Moi - That's a good question. I don't know... I guess I'd been busy spending time with her and we weren't home until the late evening.

Kiwi Boy said...

You stories from the Tzahal are very well-written. Your genuine feelings really touch my heart :)
When I read the stories from the army, I really really wished I was in Israel.

Keep writing, I'm reading :)