Friday, May 11, 2007

In my arms for 24 hours a day

18th September, 2004


I had a delicious breakfast in the morning, it was bread with pork.

We took a bus north to meet other 2 friends of Angel - Sarah and Vanessa. We entered a shopping center and found the cafe where they were waiting for us. The view outside the window was amazing. Sarah was talking non-stop, making everyone laugh. Except for me because I didn't understand a word she was saying. But nevertheless, I enjoyed their company and Angel's constant smiling and laughing triggered by Sarah's endless jokes. Oh Angel, you have such a wonderful smile. One of a kind!

After waiting for 10-15 minutes until the waitress noticed us, she gave us the check and I paid for everyone. Sarah said something funny in German which had the word "Israel" in it. I asked them to translate it for me. Turns out she said the following: "Wow. I wish I had an Israeli boyfriend as well." Ha-ha, thanks for the compliment. :) If my behavior is gonna make people think better of my country then by all means I'll try to behave as civilized and polite as it is ever possible. It really matters to me what people think of my country and my nation, therefore it is very important that my country does its best to look good in the eyes of the world with justice and equality being its primary concerns.

Anyway, we parted with them and took a bus home. As we reached her flat, Angel realized she'd forgotten the key at home. We tried ringing the bell, but no one was home and so we were locked outside...

We were sitting on the bench outside her house for a while, then we took a walk around the neighborhood and stopped at a small, Italian restaurant where we both ordered spaghetti in sauce (with slices of pork). It was delicious. Angel was full before even finishing half of her dish. :)
















When she went to the restroom, I suddenly felt so alone. It was the giant difference between her absence and her magical presence. A minute without her was enough to make me realize how much I need her in my life and how much I'm afraid to lose her. I love her so much! I know I can't live without her!!

We came back home, but no one was there so we decided to go to town.














































I bought Angel and my mom a beautiful necklace. I wanted to taste all kinds of berries that aren't available in Israel, and while picking the fruits I saw some fruits with a sign: "Imported from Israel". We bought some black and red currant. I can't remember when was the last time I've eaten currant. :)

After a while we bought ourselves ice cream, walked some more around town and then took a bus home.

It was getting dark, but no one was home yet. We decided to sit on the bench for some more. We joked around, did all kinds of silly things, messed with the camera, chased each other around the backyard, lied down on the wet grass, kissing. The camera's batteries were getting low so we went to a nearby store to buy some. It was getting late so Angel decided to call her mom. Her mom told her that both her brother and herself were staying overnight at friends!!! We'd have waited all night! Oh man, we'd have had the whole day and night to ourselves if only we had the key... But who knew?

Her mother's plans have changed. She had to come home and open the door for us, so she brought her sister and her daughter along. They stayed overnight with us.

We went to the bedroom and watched "Big". It's a good classic. But halfway through the movie we were falling asleep as we were terribly tired from the long day.

Even though I was extremely tired, I wanted to lay awake for a while and enjoy being in bed next to her for the 2nd and last night of the weekend. She rejected the idea and wanted to sleep. Somehow I felt hurt to be rejected that way. I told her that, but no reaction followed. That hurt me even more. I'm sure it wasn't her intention, but it felt like: "I don't give a damn if you're hurt or not" :( We woke up with our backs turned on each other, even though I was holding her a little while we were falling asleep. If we've never had a fight until now, this incident was the closest thing to it.

If you fight once, you're most likely to fight again. I don't want it to happen. I want to put my best efforts to making this relationship work as flawlessly as possible. It'll work out... It just has to!

4 comments:

Imaan On Ice said...

Everybody fights... don't worry.

//Imaan

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

i agree.with Imaan..in fact sometimes the best times are the ones spent making up....:) that's the eternal romantic in me speaking !!!

Anonymous said...

It’s very natural to fight, and it’s for the sake of the relation to not get bored.
For me I fight 2 to 3 times per week with my fiancĂ©, and I find it strange if that’s not happened I said honey long time we don’t have a fight he replied oh great again u wana practice your favorite hobbies with me heheheheh

IsraeliDiary said...

:)

Judging from the way my parents were fighting, I don't think there's anything good about it.

But maybe you're right, small fights aren't fatal after all. As long as the two love each other and they don't mean to hurt each other, it's alright.

Still, trying to maintain a "flawless" relationship is an interesting challenge! ;)