Friday, April 27, 2007

A two way ticket to Paradise

13th September, 2004


It's Monday evening now. Tomorrow I will finally fly to Germany and meet Angel!!!
They released me home this evening because the flight is tomorrow morning.

The sun would set and mark the last day of waiting. Tomorrow's sun will shine on a wholly different world.
















I got home at around 8:30pm. Angel was online. :) I packed all my things. Hope I didn't forget anything.

At the end of each month I received 700NIS from the army. This is the salary of a combat soldier. After a year of military service, I had enough money for the trip. With 900 Euros in my pocket, considering the fact that I'll be staying at her place most of the time and wouldn't spend much money on hotels, I could afford myself a great trip!

14th September, 2004

It is my first flight alone. Actually it was great... and pretty easy! I encountered no problems whatsoever. I bought them some gifts in Duty Free. An advanced calculator for her younger brother, a travel book about Israel in German language and a webcam for Angel so we could video chat occasionally! I also brought my own music cd for Angel and 2 shirts that my mom asked me to give them - for her and her mom.















































The Skyline of Israel
















The Skyline of Germany.

When I arrived in Frankfurt, I met 2 Russian guys who agreed to help me and show me how to get to the train station. Angel told me yesterday that the train leaves at 1:52pm and the next is at 3pm. My plane landed at 2:05pm local time, so I missed the 1st train.

After the final security check I had just 20 minutes until 3pm. I received my baggage pretty quickly, but the Russian guys were still waiting for their own. I couldn't wait much longer. I thanked him and took a running towards the exit.

There was no sign outside the airport that would direct me to the train station. I asked someone on the street, but he was unsure and gave me the wrong directions. I decided to ask someone else. The next one showed me where to go. In less than 10 minutes I bought the ticket and found the right track. :)

The train brought me to Nurnberg at 5:30pm. I had to switch trains and find track #8 in less than 6 minutes as it was leaving at 5:36pm! I started running, asking people, trying to find it. Eventually it was right in front of me. Phew... I took the train to Regensburg, the final stop where Angel will be waiting for me.

The view outside the window was fantastic! The whole country is so green and beautiful, just like a fairytale. The train moved past small villages with beautiful European houses and churches. This peaceful place came in such a contrast with the world of conflict and violence where I had been just a few hours ago.
















Oh, how I wish I could live in a peaceful environment for a change. With no enemies wishing for my death and my country's destruction, without the hatred of half the world, a place that invests in culture and education instead of military technologies and development.

* * * * *

The train was moving fast. I was so nervous. It was now a matter of minutes before I finally meet her. I tried to calm myself down by listening to music, but it didn't help, I was way too nervous!

I wasn't ready for it yet, but the train stopped. The sign outside the window suggested it was time, time to get off the train and meet her. MEET HER!

The great moment that I've been so eagerly waiting for (for 20 months) has finally arrived!

I walked out of the train and looked around. People were walking out of the train, periodically blocking my sight of a beautiful Angel who was standing next to the other doors of the train, anxiously waiting and innocently looking. She was wearing a red shirt and an open black sweater.

In my memories the time slowed down at that moment, but in reality it lasted only a few seconds. I started walking towards her with my baggage. She noticed me and smiled. I put the baggage on the ground and hugged her tight. Even though we've never met before, we hugged each other like we've known each other for years. I felt a pleasant sensation in my whole body, the feeling of holding someone you truly love.

We walked up the stairs and left the station. During our first few minutes together we didn't exchange a word. We were too excited to speak. She was nervous and didn't smile while walking with me to the bus stop. She says she doesn't smile too often in real life even though she's feeling very happy on the inside. But her smile is one of an Angel's. No one else's smile makes me feel the way her smile does.

I expected myself to be speechless and shy, but to my own astonishment, I talked to her a lot and we had a wonderful conversation. When we arrived to the bus stop, we decided it would be best to walk to her home by foot. I wanted to get used to her before I meet her family so that I wouldn't feel a complete stranger.

The baggage in my hand was a bit heavy, but I've managed to carry it all the way to her place, switching my hands from time to time. We talked pretty much about everything and I managed to make her smile and laugh, despite all the difficulties of speaking a foreign language. We both spoke English. It was a great experience for both of us.

The city of Regensburg is very beautiful to my taste. The conservative buildings from the 18th century, the perfectly clean streets, the clean air and fine weather - it all made me feel like I was living a dream. An Angel was giving me a tour in Paradise!

We arrived to her place. Her house is a new building, built in European style with a red, triangular roof. She has a beautiful apartment. Her room is beautifully decorated with posters and various artifacts. She has a lot of books and CDs. She owns a TV, VHS, DVD, Stereo and N64. Her computer is in the hall.

Her mom and brother have greeted me. I handed them the gifts. They were surprised and happy to receive them. I didn't talk to them much, even when we were eating dinner together. They don't know English that well. They kept talking in German all the time and I must admit it was somewhat uncomfortable at times.

The meal was spaghetti-bolognese and that's it. No drinks, no salads, no bread. But that's okay. Spaghetti-bolognese is one of my favorite dishes and by the time that I finished it, I was completely full.

After dinner Angel took me to town. We walked in empty streets, the shops were all closed, but as we were walking together, holding hands, there was nothing that could ruin the romantic atmosphere. There was an open ice-cafe restaurant where we decided to stop. We've had a drink. I was not used to the low numbers when buying things in Euros, so I gave the waiter a tip of 3 Euros while the two drinks had cost us only 7. He barely even served us a single drink. :)

After having a drink we walked to the park. I wanted to find some romantic place where I could give her our first kiss. She's never been kissed before by a guy. Since she would probably remember her first kiss for her whole life, I wanted it to be somewhat special. I couldn't wait to break the ice - I wanted to hold her endlessly in my arms and kiss her over and over again!!

We couldn't find any parks. I thought she was supposed to know the parks in her city. Then it started raining... We found a quiet place with benches. We sat down and I hugged her. As we were sitting there she didn't look at me once. She just sat straight with her hands on her knees. I held them. I kissed her cheeks and hugged her closely. The silence turned it into an uncomfortable atmosphere. We started talking about things, though we both were eager to kiss. I hoped she would look at me, otherwise her lips seemed so far away. She was probably too shy and excited to look at me. It was time. I kissed her lips under the falling rain. The sweet sensation that I wished could last forever... It was 10:45pm. We had only 10 minutes before we had to go back.

We took the bus back to her place. She had to go to bed and wake early for school tomorrow morning. It was hard to part, even for the night.

She made the bed for me in her room and went to her mother's room to sleep separately. Her mother forbids us to sleep together. I hope that she'll get to know me better and trust me in the following days...

I slept for 6 hours. Maybe it's because I'm used to sleeping that much in the army, or maybe it's because I couldn't afford myself wasting precious time. After everyone had left the apartment I sat down at the desk to write all this.

Wish me luck, for I have so much ahead!!! :)

19 comments:

Lirun said...

יו נכנע ללחץ חחח

טוב מקודם למדתי על דברים שבאמת לא היה לי מושג - אבל עכשיו זה ממש הופך לאישי..

אתה מבין שנהיה חייבים לכתוב תסריט בסופו שך דבר..

Lirun said...

שאלה נוספת: יש מצב שאני שם את הצילום של תל אביב מלמעלה בwww.globalthemes.blogspot.com
בשבוע הבא?

הנושא הוא מבט מלמעלה - כל שבוע אנחנו מחליפים נושא..

נחמד שם תציץ

IsraeliDiary said...

חחחח, בכיף. יאללה, תתחיל לכתוב תסריט כי אני אישית לא כזה כישרון בכתיבה.
;)

הרבה אומרים את זה, שצריך לעשות סרט, היה לי גם ראיון בגל"צ בתוכנית קולה של אמא, למרות שנראה לי שאף אחד לא ממש האזין באותו רגע, חחחח

בקשר לתמונות תרגיש חופשי. אם אתה רוצה, אני יכול לשלוח לך אותם ברזולוצייה גבוהה יותר, לא שהם יצאו כ"כ טוב עם המצלמה הישנה שלי.

nominally challenged said...

כי אני אישית לא כזה כישרון בכתיבה

מה??

אתה כותב נפלא! ריתקת אותנו עד כאן, ועכשיו, אחרי שכביכול השיא הגיע ונפגשתם, אתה עדיין משאיר אותנו בציפייה לדעת מה קורה הלאה ...

כל כך דאגתי, בפרקים הקודמים, שלא תצליח לצאת בזמן, או שלא תצליחו לתאם את הפגישה נכון, וכל מיני דברים אחרים - והנה, בסוף נפגשתם :) ובכל זאת, יש עננה של אי-וודאות שהצלחת לבנות לנו. אתה באמת כותב נפלא - ועוד בשפה שהיא לא שפת האם שלך.

ראוי לשבח, אחי. ללא ספק.

Lirun said...

עזוב עזוב אז הוא משחק אותה צנוע
שמע - כתבתי פעם תסריט לחברה אמריקאית - אולי בהמשך תוכל לעבוד איתי על משהו כזה.. הידע על הסיפור הוא אצלך וזה יהרוס אם אני אשלים פערי סיפור באמצעות הדמיון שלי.. עוד נדבר על זה.. באמת סיפור מרתק - במיוחד כשהוא עטוף בגישה שלך שהיא מאד מענינת..

:)

לגבי התמונה - אשמח אם תשלח לי ל
emspeaceblog@hotmail.com

Nizo said...

איזה סיפור יפה אחי, הרגשתי כשהייתי שם בגרמניה עמך. כל הכבוד עם המלאך שלך, ואני מתלהב לדעת מה יהיה בסוף...

Imaan On Ice said...

Yeah yeah yeah, keep the rest of us out of it...

Anyway, finally!!

Still I want to know more of your future. I dont know if u can wish someone luck for things that already happened years ago, but if its possible I do!!!

//Imaan

SavtaDotty said...

If only my uplan teachers had given me your blog and comments to read instead of Shaar Lematchil, I might have been Hebrew-literate by now. Looking forward to the next installment!

IsraeliDiary said...

Nominally, thank you for the kind words. I'm glad to hear that. :)
I just don't think I have a rich English vocabulary, like you, Nizo and Lirun do.

But if that's good enough for writing a script then I'd love to try that one day.

Lirun, if we can find the time for that and you're serious about it then I wouldn't dare to refuse! :)

Nizo, Imaan and SavtaDotty, thank you very very much! :)

Lirun said...

dude totally serious..

drop me an email and we should get in touch..

Tsedek said...

OK, and the end of the story is that you're married and having 2 kids with her now living happily in Tel-Aviv :D


(OK, don't take me serious - I agree with everyone here: you've got a writing style that's simply addictive to whoever starts reading your story)

:)

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

good luck ....:)
am dying to hear "and they lived happily ever after...."
thanx for dropping by my blog :)

Anonymous said...

What an amazing story... am I reading romantic novel!!!
It’s really nice, i feel with every word and action because i live in similar love story. " wish me luck"

where is she now in 29-4-2007 r u married or what?

IsraeliDiary said...

Thanks, Lirun. Wouldn't wanna miss such an opportunity. :)

Thank you Tse.

I really should thank you all for reading my blog and showing so much interest. With you guys, writing the blog is twice as enjoyable!

Moi, welcome and thank you for visiting my blog. :) I'm looking forward to seeing new, wonderful photos at your blog.

Nona, thank you very much for your sweet words. :) I'm really glad to hear that you have a similar love story! I wish you the best of luck!! Wish everyone could experience this kind of love. ;)

Lirun said...

נו!

:)

IsraeliDiary said...

Nu - What? :)

Lirun said...

i have posted the photo on http://globalthemes.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

באמת הבלוג אינפורמטיבי כאן ידידי. רק רציתי להגיב & אומר לשמור על עבודה באיכות. אני בסימניה הבלוג שלך רק עכשיו אני אחזור לקרוא יותר בעתיד ידידי! גם קולע צבעים על נושא זה הולך טוב עם הבלוג לדעתו הצנועה שלי:)

Anonymous said...

פירסום נהדר. לא יכול לחכות כדי לקרוא את אלה הבא:)