Sunday, November 05, 2006

Make this world a better place

7th July, 2004


An 18 year old girl crossed the street. After checking her out, Ido said: "Nah, she's too ugly to f**k". What an asshole. There's something else about him that I dislike... He earns respect from everyone for being so cool with his carefree behavior but he himself doesn't seem to respect anybody.

He'd engage in negative gossip about everyone with anyone. Can someone like that be a real friend? Talking behind people's backs, criticizing your friends, being two-faced.

I know sometimes it's hard not to criticize people, but we should do our best, especially when it comes to our friends. If we value our friends and they're important to us, we should show at least a little bit of respect.

One more thing I dislike about many soldiers in my battery: Their total indifference when it comes to all kinds of things. Examples: Washing the dishes the way that only half of them become clean, littering everywhere, even if there's a trash can 5 feet away, peeing on the toilet cover, throwing torn newspapers and toilet paper on the floor, leaving dishes at the table as if in a restaurant. Why? Bad home education?

Eventually you have to clean up after them. We have to clean twice every day and it'd have been much easier had they not been so careless. Sometimes I'd clean up after others just because I like it when it's all clean. Even in the streets of the settlement or anywhere else where I might be. Doesn't the world look better when it's clean? Don't people care about the nature? I wish more people did. It could be a very beautiful world if it were all clean.

My officer told me that I'm putting more effort than others, that I'm a very good and disciplined soldier and that if I keep up like that, I may be "promoted" and receive a job at the battery (better service conditions - no cleaning up, be released home more often, have my own room where I could watch TV etc.)

I hate flattering myself. I like to be good and to be recognized as a good person but it should come from a man's deeds, not his words. But since it's a diary, I guess I can afford that. If there's bad things to write about myself, I will, that is if I notice them.

My Angel doesn't know much about my service. She never really asks and it might not interest her. Sometimes I'd say a thing or two, but she wouldn't show much interest. Maybe it's better for her not to know these things. I know her since my last grade in high school so she doesn't really see me as a soldier, I think. It doesn't matter, though. I hope that she loves me for who I am. I know I love her for who she is and that's true love! Her love for me is true too and that's the only thing that matters to me!

Sometimes she's so incredible, especially when she shows me how much she loves me and how far she'd be willing to go to be with me. She is amazing and she makes me feel over and over again that I have the B-E-S-T girlfriend in the whole world!!!

During my patrol I came up with a movie scenario. Two best friends - An Israeli and a Palestinian grew up together in a village (where Israelis and Palestinians used to live together). After several years, a separation wall was built in the middle of the village, splitting it into two parts - one being Israeli and one Palestinian. The wall also separated the best friends and from then on they weren't allowed to see each other. As time passed, they became more involved in politics. The Israeli guy joined the army, the Palestinian guy struggled to find work and practically help his family stand on their feet. He eventually joins Hamas and gets paid well for his skills in engineering, producing explosives and wiring for them. The two meet again when the Israeli guy enters Nablus while on a military operation. His mission is to raid the building in which the weapons lab is located and arrest everyone in the building for suspicion in being connected to Hamas.

Well, I have to work much more on this story. The story begins as the Israeli guy, being the narrator tells us the story while sitting in prison. He's a different person. He learned the true meaning of hatred. The story ends as the Israeli guy is released from prison, walking on the road, carrying a Palestinian child on his shoulders, his best friend's son. I leave the rest for your imagination. This story, once completed, can shock the whole world with its strong message. If I ever manage to deliver this message to the world, it would be a dream come true, it may make the world slightly a better place, which is probably more than I could ever achieve in my life, unless of course I get to publish my music. (http://www.soundclick.com/skylite)

Thank you, visitor, for reading my blog. I wish you, whoever you are, a good day and much much happiness in your life. And no, I'm not on drugs in case you were wondering. :) There's a still a lot of things to post. But for now I'm gonna call it a night. I'll see you soon.

2 comments:

DC said...

I am just passing through... Your posts exude a lovely innocence that is refreshing and endearing. I hope you retain that, in spite of what you have to do (as a conscripted soldier). Take care of yourself out there.

IsraeliDiary said...

Thank you very much.

As you may notice, these events happened in 2004. Fortunately, I've finished my military service a few months ago.

Have a great weekend. God bless you.