Saturday, June 10, 2006

Dreams are meant to come true - The Beginning

28th June, 2004

I'm in the middle of my guarding duty in a watchtower located in northern Telem - a settlement in the West Bank, near Hebron. I'm spending my time thinking about my angel and about our upcoming week together, how to convince her mom to let her daughter go?

(I've been planning to finally meet Angel, after a year and a half of having internet relations, sms exchanging and rare phone calling... soon I will have a regila - a week long vacation during which I hope she'll be able to come. Because she's 17 years old, she has to get her mother's approval, which is currently the main problem because her mom won't let her daughter go to a foreign country alone, to a dangerous place to meet a 18 year old stranger who can be deceiving her on the Internet. It's a reasonable decision, any sane mom would do the same in her place.)

I don't want Angel to choose between me and her mom, or more precisely, to choose me and disappoint her mom. The runaway option (runaway from the army to Germany), although being a true alternative, has never been the primary solution and is definitely does not offer positive outcomes. I have 17 more days before I come home again - over 150 hours of guarding and planning.
While in the army, especially while on duty, I can't set my mind off my Angel. It is obvious that while the army causes depression and sadness within me, thoughts of my Angel bring back happiness, hope and ambition. In some cases, it feels like thinking of heaven while being in hell. In other cases though, when the air is clear and a breeze blows into your face, when a beautiful view opens up in front of you, you feel like you're in heaven... a heaven that lacks 2 of its most essential features: Angel's presence, and freedom. Without them, it's just an illusion, or perhaps - a vision, giving you the idea and the feeling of what's it going to be like, after the military service.

I came home on Thursday at 5:30pm and came back to the army on Saturday night. After 18.5 days I'll come home again... At home, I mostly watch movies with my mom and play PC games, surfing the Internet and chatting with my great girlfriend as often and as much as it is possible. It's incredibly great to be at home and incredibly sad whenever a thought crosses your mind: "soon I'll have to go back to the army and not see home for a looong time". At least that way you really learn to appreciate what you have, value your home and your freedom.

I'd write and fill the whole diary with praises to Angel, saying for billions of times over and over again how much I love her, but words would never be able to describe the strength of my love to her.

Tonight my mom called me and told me some good news: A high ranked officer who is a friend of hers had said that any soldier who served over a year in the army can fly abroad during his regila. "If anyone gives you trouble with that, go to the City's Officer." (It's a military office for soldiers to complain to while on vacation. Usually soldiers go there to fake illnesses and get extra vacation days.) :) Hopefully...

3 more days and I'll be able to receive e-mails from Angel. Her mom doesn't allow her to SMS anymore due to high phone bills. -.- I want to try the mobile phone's chat service and chat with her, depending on the price.

No comments: